TECHNICAL COMMITTEE WORKS ON STANDARDS
Since its establishment, the centre has participated actively in the development of national, regional and international standards through its involvement in technical committees. Staffs of NCEEC are actively involved with the following technical committees of the Standards Organization of Nigeria, International organization for Standardisation (ISO) and the African Electro-technical Commission (AFSEC).
- National Technical Committee on lighting standards
- ISO/TC 301- Technical Committee on Energy Management and savings
- National Technical Committee / National Mirror Committee on Energy Management and savings (NG-TC 301)
- National Technical Committee on the Harmonization of the SON and ECOWAS Minimum Energy Performance Standards (MEPS) for air conditioners and refrigerators
- National Technical Committee on Clean cooking standards
- National Technical Committee on Metering Standards (NG/TC-13)
For more information about codes and standards development, kindly send a mail to [email protected]
Energy Conservation Watch
The Centre began an awareness programme tagged “Energy Conservation Watch” on UNILAG Radio 103.1FM which has held every Thursday since the first week in October 2013. Various topics have been discussed which include Energy Use and Wastage, Best practices in Solar Photovoltaic Installation, Renewable Energy Sources, Energy Efficient Technologies, The need for Energy Audit in Industries, Energy Efficient Buildings, Planning for Energy Efficient Buildings amongst other exciting topics. The show has been hosted by Nna Chimaobi (also known as “The Energy Man”) with the support of the Director of the Centre who is the Executive Producer, Charles Eguma as the Editor and other members of the Research Unit.