he National Centre For Energy Efficiency And Conservation, Lagos is organized along the same line as those three other centres located in Bauchi, Benin and Ilorin which took off about the same time in the year 2008 with the appointment of the pioneer director Prof. Oluwole Adegenro
- NCEEC Governing Board Composition
- The Vice Chancellor of the University of Lagos who shall be the chairman
- The Director-General of the Energy Commission of Nigeria or his representative
- The Permanent Secretary of the Federal Ministry of Science and Technology
- The Permanent Secretary of the Federal Ministry of Power
- The Permanent Secretary of the Federal Ministry of Mines and Steel Development
- The Permanent Secretary of the Federal Ministry of Environment
- The Director of the Centre
- The Dean, Faculty of Engineering of the University of Lagos
- The Dean, Faculty of Science of the University of Lagos
- The Secretary of the Centre serves as the Secretary of The Governing Board
Activities in the centre are carried out in the following units with the Director as the Chief Executive and Accounting Officer.
The Centre is administered through the governing board which is chaired by the Vice-chancellor. It superintends over all policy and budgetary matters; it is responsible for recruitment, promotion and discipline of staff; it considers and recommends Centre’s budget to the Energy Commission of Nigeria, which in turn considers and recommends same to the Federal Ministry of Energy, Abuja. The main committee of the board is the committee which is chaired by the Director. It advices the board on research, development and training activities of the Centre. The day to day running of the Centre is bestowed on the Director of the Centre in consultation with the Management Committee. In addition, the Centre has two standing committees; the staff Appointment and Promotion Committee and the Senior Staff Committee.